1. How long has the Staaten been catering events?
The LiGreci family has been catering events at The Staaten since 1971.
2. What type of events can you host?
The Staaten hosts a wide variety of parties including, but not limited to, weddings, anniversaries, christenings, communions, bar &bat mitzvahs, sweet 16s, reunions, award dinners, fundraisers, funeral luncheons and corporate seminars.
3. How many people can fit in the ballroom?
Our largest ballroom, The Imperial Room, can accommodate 300 people for an affair with dancing. Without dancing, it can accommodate 350 people. The Esquire Room can accommodate 160 with, and 200 without. The Plantation Room can accommodate 100 with, and 120 without. The Lounge can accommodate 80 with, and 100 without. The Forest Room can accommodate 75 with, and 90 without.
4. Is the building handicap accessible?
5. Do you have a parking lot?
6. Do you have valet parking?
Valet parking is usually available on weekends.
7. Do you have an outdoor facility or garden?
8. Do you have audio visual equipment?
Microphones and screens are available. However, we do not provide projectors. The Lounge has cable TV and a DVD player. The Imperial room has cable TV, a DVD player and VGA connectors.
9. What color is your linen and is there an extra charge for using it?
The Staaten offers a variety of 7 tablecloth colors and 10 napkins colors. Special order colors are available at an additional fee.
10. Do you provide chair covers?
The complete wedding package includes chair covers and bows. For all other events there is an additional charge.
11. Do you provide centerpieces for the tables?
We do not provide centerpieces, but we can order them or put you in contact with a florist.
12. Do you have a room for a wedding ceremony?
13. Do you provide direction cards?
14. Do you provide place cards?
15. Can I bring in favors and/or centerpieces prior to my event?
Favors and centerpieces may be brought in during the week prior to your affair. However, we ask that perishable items be bought in the day of the affair.
16. Can we decorate as we wish?
We understand that each client has his/her own taste and style; therefore we allow each to decorate accordingly. However, we ask that nothing be adhered to the walls or ceilings.
17. How early can we get into the room to decorate?
Clients can usually get into the room at least one hour before the party starts.
18. When do you need a final count?
An approximate count should be given three weeks prior to the event. The final count should be given three days prior to the event.
19. Do you have music in the room?
The Staaten has a satellite music system with a variety of music channels available for background music.
20. Do you have a house DJ or band?
The Staaten does not have a house DJ or band. However, we can provide names and numbers of reputable entertainment companies.
21. Do you customize menus?
Our banquet managers will be happy to work with you to customize your menu. All food preparation and cooking is done on premises. The menu should be chosen three weeks prior to your event.
22. Do you provide vegetarian and gluten free options?
23. Do you do off premise catering?
24. What is included in an open bar?
An open bar consists of all premium liquor, wine, domestic and imported beers, and assorted fruit juices and sodas.